Today is a like a 2-for-1 sale — a single blog post acknowledging The Palladian Traveler’s recent receipt of two “merit badges” that involve a HUG and a DRAGON.
As my good buddy — and unofficial spokesperson for whenever I’m bestowed an award — the Cowardly Lion stated when hearing the news, “TPT, you’re a speechless, huggable dumbfounded dragon, and, AW SHUCKS, you’re tongue-tied again.”
Cristi of Simple.Interesting. sent me a virtual embrace in the form of the HOPE UNITES GLOBALLY AWARD — HUG for short.
Thanks Christi for recognizing the merits of The Palladian Traveler blog and for keeping it, well, simple and interesting on your end. If you haven’t sampled Cristi’s blog offerings, do so soon. Just click HERE.
For details on the HUG Award, Connie Wayne, its founder-creator, and the associated guidelines, just click HERE.
In accepting the HUG, I’d like to pass along this hopeful gesture to a few HUGGABLE bloggers who often meander with me down the proverbial cobblestone to somewhere commenting and keeping me company:
Now, about that DRAGON. Saint George I’m not; so, don’t worry, no dragons were slain during the wordsmithing of this post. The DRAGON I’m talking about is the DRAGON’S LOYALTY AWARD — DLA for short — bestowed upon TPT by Kim of Tranquil Dreams.
Kim’s a foodie-fotog-film aficionado blogging out of her suburban Montreal hideaway. And, to her I simple say, “Merci beaucoup!” To see and follow Kim’s handiwork, just click HERE.
As with most blogging awards (badges), there are some strings attached when accepting; and, the DLA is no exception. Here are the guidelines as passed along to me by Kim and my comments:
1) Display the Award Certificate on your website — Now on display in my homepage “trophy case.”
2) Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award — You’re hearing (reading) about it first and so is Kim.
3) Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers — I’ll forgo this requirement and just award the DLA to everyone reading this post. As I’ve said many times before, we’re all in this blogosphere together, so take the badge, wear it proudly and “pay it forward” to fellow bloggers you appreciate, if you so desire.
4) Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post — You’ve been served (notified).
5) Post 7 interesting things about yourself — Just read my ABOUT page and you’ll know as much about me as I do myself.
Thanks again to Cristi and Kim for throwing the spotlight on TPT blog. Your acknowledgement of my exploits makes we want to roar like a lion, albeit a cowardly one, but I think I’ll just tug on my tail and blush.
©The Palladian Traveler