Okay. When it rains it pours, or, in my case — looking out the window — it snows. Really. White flakes are floating down across my view as I write, vice the virtual snowstorm offered by WordPress this holiday season.
The below-the-white-line post was written, then rewritten just over a week ago; but, since it went live, a few more Blog of The Year 2012 stars shot across my notification box. Rather than create a fresh, new “thank you” post, I’ll just add this short preamble to the original.
For BOTY star #4 I have to thank Rommel for his “sophomoric prank.” Catch up with The Sophomore Slump2 while he’s showcasing his “7 Super Shots,” and give him a well-deserved pat-on-the-back for getting his 1,500th follower. Wow!
For BOTY star #5, I have to thank Lisa of Oceanbound’s Adventures. Give Lisa’s site a sail, and while underway send her congrats for her trifecta this month: Sunshine, Beautiful and BOTY awards.
©The Palladian Traveler
November 27, 2012
The ink isn’t even dry on my recent post, Am I really a Bridgadier, and Sylvia of Another Day in Paradise sent a strongly-worded letter to members of the U.S. Congress and they “promoted” me on the spot. Just kidding.
Actually, Sylvia just awarded me another gold star that I can add to my Blog of the Year 2012 (BOTY) award. So, it’s “hail and farewell” as I bid brigadier “goodbye” and say “hello” to major-general (the two-star rank in most of the world’s armies). Evidently, Sylvia, with NINE stars on her BOTY plaque, has a little bit of pull.
Wait a minute. This just in…
As if Sylvia’s attaboy wasn’t enough good news for one day, I just had to quickly pull back this post for a quick rewrite as Lynn of It’s Lynny Kansas “weighed me down” moments ago with another star. So, in a matter of a few hours I’ve been promoted up from Brigadier to Major-General to Lieutenant-General, I think.
With my “general officer” status, a status that I’ve had for LESS than 48-hours, I now have the “virtual” luxury of a grassy parade field, a military band and an entire army brigade to pass-in-review; so, with much pomp and circumstance, I accept these “promotions.”
In return for the second AND third stars, I must now follow the below prepared script (rules) insisted upon by the “awards committee.”
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award , and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!).
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars (up to a maximum of six).
As with all awards that are given out over the WordPress blogosphere, I’m afforded the opportunity to “pay it forward” and bestow a few Blog of the Year 2012 awards on some of my favorite blogs. Because TPT covers food, travel and photography, I’ll again present three awards, one for each genre:
1. Food: The Winegetter – It’s all about the grape from this transplanted German wine lover’s “virtual” cellar in Ann Arbor, MI (USA).
2. Travel: East of Málaga– Marianne’s insightful and fun articles about life along the Costa del Sol of Spain and the entire Iberian Penninsula.
3. Photography: Wind Against Current – Vladi’s great lens work — and well written narrative — from inside a kayak and on foot around Greater New York City.
Congratulations to the above three blogs and their authors for their continued success in providing us all with great reads and visuals.
©The Palladian Traveler
Congrats on your promotion, Tom. I promise that I won’t try to pull rank on you, as long as you stay in line. 😀 I too love Marianne and Vlad’s blogs, and will pay a visit to ‘The Winegetter’. Have a great day.
Thanks very much!
Thank you so much!
Let’s “virtually” drink to that.
Oh you, you bet. And for real tonight! 🙂
Thanks very much H-Hugger.
This is fabulous ! So wonderful to see a fantastic blogger out there and I look forward to browsing through your blog.
Bella Remy – Thanks for the “high five.” Right back at you with your wonderful, colorful and well thought out blog. You’ve got a winner, so keep it going.
Congratulations on your rocket-like promotion up through the ranks! And thanks for giving us an extra star too… 🙂
Thanks very much. And compliments back to you. I’m looking forward to seeing that star on the “hull.”
OH my – you sure are getting promoted quickly! Very well deserved too!
Thanks for adding another star to my Bog Awards, Tom. Much appreciated.
You’re quite welcome, Marianne.
Congratulations Tom on a great blog and the well deserved promotion(s).
Congratulations, I’ve got my first star yesterday on “Paris en photographies”. Always appreciated…
Maria -Félicitations pour votre bourse la première étoile.
Congrats! You deserve it!!!
G-Chic – Look what you started. Thanks!
Vladi – Thanks for filling up my “dance card” with that plethora of blogger badges. I’ll post a “pay it forward” soon.