Am I really a Brigadier?
In a previous life, the one that provided me a bi-weekly paycheck, I had the good fortune, on numerous occasions, to conduct business with media representatives of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (AELTC). The meetings I would attend were just a topspin lob away from Centre Court at Wimbledon, right outside London proper.
One of the executives on the AELTC payroll that I always encountered and enjoyed was affectionately referred to by staff members as “The Brigadier.” He was a take-charge fellow, in a very kind and polite way, and would oversee all the international media requirements inbound for The Championship.
Well, thanks to Coreen of Picture Perfect Moments for Life, I too, can now be considered a brigadier. She was nice enough to nominate me — The Palladian Traveler — for a Blog of the Year 2012 award with one star, just like the one-star rank of a brigadier general in most of the world’s armies.
Without the luxury of a grassy parade field, a military band and an entire army brigade to pass-in-review, I’ll just quietly accept this one-star award without any pomp and circumstance. In doing so, I must follow the below prepared script (rules) set down by the “awards committee.”
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award , and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!).
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars (up to a maximum of six).
With the “paperwork” out of the way, and shiny new stars on my shoulders, I can now “pay it forward” and bestow a few Blog of the Year 2012 awards on some of my favorite blogs. Because The Palladian Traveler covers food, travel and photography, I’d like to present three awards, one for each genre:
1. Food: Jittery Cook – Sharing worthy recipes
2. Travel: The Open Suitcase – Travel tidbits, tips and tales
3. Photography – My Sight Picture – Great landscape photography of scenic Texas and other parts of the vast Southwest (USA)
Congratulations to the above three blog sites and their authors, all worthy of joining the ranks of one-star brigadiers. I salute you!
©The Palladian Traveler